Today is Tuesday , 3 April 2007 -3 more days to Good Friday.. Time 4.30 am. I've just woken from a nightmare so I decided to blog on RACIST as the topic for the day . I have been keeping this topic which is totally disheartening and hurtful happenings in Melbourne for a long time and just have to pour it out in my blog. Pardon me if it is offensive and do give me a chance to share this experience with you fellow bloggers.
UNFORTUNATELY, in my observation , YES .... Melbourne is RACIST !!!
I'm not racist but its true !!!!!
1) Social discrimination 2) Racial Segregation 3) hate speech . Racial discrimination is very common the so called most livable city in the World .
While I was in Melbourne recently , over dinner with Doris Lim she spoke of her Angmoh boss brought new chairs for Angmohs staff and the chinese have to buy their own chair . I tends to believe her . Her colleague asked her why the chinese can afford to buy property and new car when they can ill afford ?? Quite obvious right ! The chinese are hardworking and thrift in nature .We don't muck around .
In my opinon ,without the chinese , Australia economy will suffer. .The money making casino will have to go which Australia can ill afford. Just look around in Melbourne the chinese are snapping up the property .I went to Crown Casnio during my recent stay in Melbourne .At the Mahogany room look at the numbers of asians gambling .Hardly any angmohs. Unbelievable right.. but this are facts ! Kangaroos wake up Man !
when you drive a car with an 8 . Be prepared to face the middle finger Syndrome and frequent horning etc.. when you did noting wrong on the road. Fucking Kangaroos they think they owned Australia . People in the community just cannot accept that Australia is a MULTICULTURAL society and the migrants (like me) are here to contribute to Australia's economy .
I quote this article I read ....
Recently while I was walking out of Balwyn library, heading in the opposition direction to an elderly woman of Caucasian apperance ,I stopped about a metre away from her, stretching my neck to see if there was a female toilet outside the library . She came up and said: "excuse me, don't walk into me,there is another passage on that side." I replied: "sorry , I was not going to walk into you,I have stopped." To that she interrupted: "look , I am sick and tired of you CHINESE ....." Regardless of her previous experiences with other races, if at that age she was still angry and intolerant of a multicultural society , I feel sorry for her. She will probably carry the hatred to her grave,leaving an example to her children and grandchildren. Both my husband and myself are in the medical profession-we have paid taxes in the highest brackets for years.We have contributed more to Australia than we have taken from it. If the woman is a pensioner,we might even be contributing to her aged pension.Therefore , to be on the receiving end of such remarks is totally disheartening and hurtful > UNQOTE.
My boys have been living in Melbourne for some 6 years occasionally I do hear some nasty remarks on prejudice , racist in school . Look how happy they are now in their heartland . *sigh* During my years of listening , I have observed the deep emotions that many people unconsciously express when they speak bad about the Chinese ,Indian and Malay .Love is my primary value .Love is what I feels for everybody . Where is the LOVE ~AUSSIE .Stop the irritation and complaint about the Chinese . Simple act of awareness that Australia is indeed multiracial will changed everything . Why risk living without loving and we certainly risk dying without having lived.
PHOTO -COURTESY OF AMANDA WONG - I ALSO STOLE THIS PIC !
In my opinon ,without the chinese , Australia economy will suffer. .The money making casino will have to go which Australia can ill afford. Just look around in Melbourne the chinese are snapping up the property .I went to Crown Casnio during my recent stay in Melbourne .At the Mahogany room look at the numbers of asians gambling .Hardly any angmohs. Unbelievable right.. but this are facts ! Kangaroos wake up Man !
when you drive a car with an 8 . Be prepared to face the middle finger Syndrome and frequent horning etc.. when you did noting wrong on the road. Fucking Kangaroos they think they owned Australia . People in the community just cannot accept that Australia is a MULTICULTURAL society and the migrants (like me) are here to contribute to Australia's economy .
I quote this article I read ....
Recently while I was walking out of Balwyn library, heading in the opposition direction to an elderly woman of Caucasian apperance ,I stopped about a metre away from her, stretching my neck to see if there was a female toilet outside the library . She came up and said: "excuse me, don't walk into me,there is another passage on that side." I replied: "sorry , I was not going to walk into you,I have stopped." To that she interrupted: "look , I am sick and tired of you CHINESE ....." Regardless of her previous experiences with other races, if at that age she was still angry and intolerant of a multicultural society , I feel sorry for her. She will probably carry the hatred to her grave,leaving an example to her children and grandchildren. Both my husband and myself are in the medical profession-we have paid taxes in the highest brackets for years.We have contributed more to Australia than we have taken from it. If the woman is a pensioner,we might even be contributing to her aged pension.Therefore , to be on the receiving end of such remarks is totally disheartening and hurtful > UNQOTE.
My boys have been living in Melbourne for some 6 years occasionally I do hear some nasty remarks on prejudice , racist in school . Look how happy they are now in their heartland . *sigh* During my years of listening , I have observed the deep emotions that many people unconsciously express when they speak bad about the Chinese ,Indian and Malay .Love is my primary value .Love is what I feels for everybody . Where is the LOVE ~AUSSIE .Stop the irritation and complaint about the Chinese . Simple act of awareness that Australia is indeed multiracial will changed everything . Why risk living without loving and we certainly risk dying without having lived.
PHOTO -COURTESY OF AMANDA WONG - I ALSO STOLE THIS PIC !I REPRODUCED THIS BLOG WHICH APPEARS IN DIGITAL LIFE~APRIL 3 2007 WHICH IS RATHER INTERESTING !
Well as the saying goes "The grass is often greener on the other side"
I Wish you Luck blogger !
REASONS TO LEAVE !!!!!!
There's been a lot of discussion recently on why some people choose to leave Singapore for another country and who's to blame. Some say its the PAP Government's fault, while others feel we have only ourselves to blame. I have to admit I belong to the group that desires a life away from this island if given the chance. Why I feel life for me would be better elsewhere?
1. Life is tough here in the city, and its only going to get tougher. Living costs will continue to climb faster than my pay and the people in charge won't admit they don't have the solution or political will to solve the problem. And you can't vote them out.
2. Our nation's plan for a fulfilling life is A) the promotion of money worship and the pursuit of material goods. There is no plan B.
3. I am afraid of growing old here. I hear in some countries they treat old people with respect and dignity. Here, old people are seen as a problem, fully depreciated assets that cannot be discarded but continues to suck on national resources.
4. My country doesn't value my opinion. When I was living with my parents, I had no say in family decisions. I couldn't wait to move out and take control of my own destiny. Ditto here. There are just too many obstacles (perceived and real) if you want to be heard, even more so if your views are different from the people in charge. And you can't vote them out.
5. My country doesn't value my or anybody else's freedom. I don't think we will learn to accept the chaos that usually comes with individual freedom anytime soon. We are so intoxicated with our economic success that we are too afraid to live any other way.
6. I want a better life for my child. See points 1 to 5.
Well as the saying goes "The grass is often greener on the other side"
I Wish you Luck blogger !
REASONS TO LEAVE !!!!!!
There's been a lot of discussion recently on why some people choose to leave Singapore for another country and who's to blame. Some say its the PAP Government's fault, while others feel we have only ourselves to blame. I have to admit I belong to the group that desires a life away from this island if given the chance. Why I feel life for me would be better elsewhere?
1. Life is tough here in the city, and its only going to get tougher. Living costs will continue to climb faster than my pay and the people in charge won't admit they don't have the solution or political will to solve the problem. And you can't vote them out.
2. Our nation's plan for a fulfilling life is A) the promotion of money worship and the pursuit of material goods. There is no plan B.
3. I am afraid of growing old here. I hear in some countries they treat old people with respect and dignity. Here, old people are seen as a problem, fully depreciated assets that cannot be discarded but continues to suck on national resources.
4. My country doesn't value my opinion. When I was living with my parents, I had no say in family decisions. I couldn't wait to move out and take control of my own destiny. Ditto here. There are just too many obstacles (perceived and real) if you want to be heard, even more so if your views are different from the people in charge. And you can't vote them out.
5. My country doesn't value my or anybody else's freedom. I don't think we will learn to accept the chaos that usually comes with individual freedom anytime soon. We are so intoxicated with our economic success that we are too afraid to live any other way.
6. I want a better life for my child. See points 1 to 5.
Another blogger in Blogosphere :Singapore's Talent leak
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK HERE IS ANOTHER SINGAPORE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT SINGAPORE BUT AUSTRALIA !!
MY CONCLUSION : SINGAPOREAN ARE CUNTFUSED ! NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY WANT !!!
Here it goes
More porous Society
"The fact is Singapore has become a much more porous society.Hence, more people will come in and go out of Singapore .
"Singapore is not the only country that esperiences the movement of people overseas. New Zealand itselfs also faces the same problem-it is struggling to contain the movement of it young people to Australia .NZ has more established traditions than Singapore and is certatinly not a poor country.Its people probably feel a greater sense of identity and the country has a far more open political climate.Yet, it is still faces a tremendous problem of reatining its young people."
"The fact is Singapore has become a much more porous society.Hence, more people will come in and go out of Singapore .
"Singapore is not the only country that esperiences the movement of people overseas. New Zealand itselfs also faces the same problem-it is struggling to contain the movement of it young people to Australia .NZ has more established traditions than Singapore and is certatinly not a poor country.Its people probably feel a greater sense of identity and the country has a far more open political climate.Yet, it is still faces a tremendous problem of reatining its young people."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK HERE IS ANOTHER SINGAPORE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT SINGAPORE BUT AUSTRALIA !!
MY CONCLUSION : SINGAPOREAN ARE CUNTFUSED ! NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY WANT !!!
Here it goes
"Just like Home"
I migrated to Australia to live in an open, liberal and democratic society only to find Australia becoming increasing like Singapore . This country has a government more conservative than I expected. Remember, it was not too long Senator Brian Harradine influenced the removal of Sex/life from free-to-air television.Now another office bearer has used the executive power of his office to bring the banning of the French film Baise-Moi. Add to that proposed anti-terrorism legislation, which is redolent of Malaysia's and Singapore's draconian internal security acts, it is any wonder that these days I feel more and more "at home " here ?
BENG-CHOON NG,Glen WAVERLEY
I migrated to Australia to live in an open, liberal and democratic society only to find Australia becoming increasing like Singapore . This country has a government more conservative than I expected. Remember, it was not too long Senator Brian Harradine influenced the removal of Sex/life from free-to-air television.Now another office bearer has used the executive power of his office to bring the banning of the French film Baise-Moi. Add to that proposed anti-terrorism legislation, which is redolent of Malaysia's and Singapore's draconian internal security acts, it is any wonder that these days I feel more and more "at home " here ?
BENG-CHOON NG,Glen WAVERLEY






No comments:
Post a Comment