Monday, November 10, 2008

In the Subordinate Court _Uncle Herby"s Dog Training Center



I had problems with Herby’s Dog Training Center . I took them to the small claims court and won (by default judgment) $600 compensation plus $15 disbursements costs on 24 Sept 2008

Judgment is entered against a non-appearing party. Heavy rain and traffic jam is not a good cause for the respondent NOT having attended the hearing.

However before I could enforce the order I received NOTICE OF HEARING OF APPLICATION TO SET-ASIDE –ORDER on 21 October 2008 . Reason given by Respondent was :-
“ I was late because I was caught in a Traffic Jam. Raining heavily “

Come on, We all reside in Singapore I braved the rain and attended the hearing after waiting for more than an hour.

Are you saying … Judgment is entered against a non-appearing party after a month down the road you can file NOTICE of hearing to set –aside-Order ??

Such lame excuses are a mere waste of Court time and country resources.

HEARING ON 06 NOVEMBER 2008 THE APPLICATION IS DISMISSED & COURT ORDER DATED 24/09/2008 STILL STAND.

SET-ASIDE –ORDER on 21 October 2008 . Reason given by Respondent was :- “ I was late because I was caught in a Traffic Jam. Raining heavily “
WTF

The SET ASIDE ORDER 21/10/2008



Won (by default judgment) $600 compensation plus $15 disbursements costs on 24 Sept 2008

No comments: