Father's Day in Singapore falls on June 17 2007 [Third Sunday of June]
While I know father's day is 2 months away in Singapore , I was taken by surprise and very happy to receive this gift a Nokia N95 in advance !
Thank you ....
Filial piety{孝} is considered the first virtue in Chinese culture .It is what binds us together. Filial Piety and respect of our elders and ancestors is the cornerstone of our civilisation.
Thus on father's day is taking opportunity of the occasion, people express gratitude for father and thank them for all their care and support.
Unfortunately, at this day and age, this seemed to be eroding from our fabric of life. There had been cases where parents were sent to old folks home and left to die without further care from their children. We also see cases where parents were 'chased' out of the house. Parents cheated of their living savings and so on... My heart goes out to these parents as I could almost hear their cry of anguish.
In Australia FATHER'S DAY falls on Sunday 2nd September 2007





No comments:
Post a Comment