Good Morning Bloggers
Thank you for the feedback (reproduced below)
Oh...too bad it did not get printed in the ST forum as that would have had way more readership than here. I think they select letters based on how widespread the problem is, and since not every 3rd S'porean is having this problem, I guess they didn't feel it worthy of printing. Sigh.
Overall you are not going to have a problem with S'pore's policies if you weren't gone for an extended period. Maybe this is why nothing had been done about it as the number of S'poreans returning from overseas after being gone for several years isn't a significant percent of the population. I agree it is sad, for I wonder how many of those overseas chose to stay overseas because they encountered problems going back?
From: Munich, Germany January 08 ,2007
It is sad that such things happen in modern Singapore. I just hope that the government makes an effort to try to solve this particular problem.
From:
I guess to them, Singaporean = Singaporean. It does not matter whether you're overseas S'porean or local S'porean, to them it's all the same as long as you're a S'pore citizen. I understand where you're coming from. Like you, I also had an unsuccessful attempt to return to S'pore some years back. In my case, the problem wasn't due to not being able to arrange schooling, but due to not being able to find work. But having been there, I understand your frustration. I don't have any advice for you, but I do wish you best of luck.
This is just an idea, so you don't necessarily need to follow it: have you considered writing to the straits times forum? You could take your letter below, and just condense it a bit to meet their size limitation, and then submit it. Maybe it won't be printed, but then again, maybe it might. If it does get printed, it will definitely get the attention of the appropriate authority and also someone who can help you. Because even though this topic got my attention, I am just a small potato whom nobody listens to, so it is not like I could do anything to help, even though I wish I could help.
From:
oic. so sad. i believe it caught quite alot of people attention. i believe some reporters or govt is reading. even if you directly confront them. they will choose to avoid. cos there always proper channel. and proper channel waste time......
To be continued......




No comments:
Post a Comment